The mission of the Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service (AMPS) is to enhance peace, harmony, justice and cultural values throughout Akwesasne. In addition, the Akwesasne Mohawk Police strive to honour and respect all living things and to acquire the highest level of professionalism and accountability in servicing the community members of Akwesasne and surrounding areas.
To achieve our Mission, the Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service believe
- In caring and showing compassion for our community.
- In being proactive by using foresight to help guide our actions.
- In being sensitive, understanding and supportive to the victims of crime.
- In enforcing the laws of Akwesasne and Canada in a fair and unbiased manner.
- In respecting people’s beliefs within the community and within the department.
- In protecting our community today, for seven generations of tomorrow.
- In being the best at what we do to achieve the highest level of success.
- In providing leadership and role models for our youth.
- In being dependable and responsible for our actions.
- In teamwork and camaraderie.
- To serve and protect the community of Akwesasne.
- To enforce the laws of Akwesasne and Canada in a fair and unbiased manner.
- To enforce a variety of assignment areas including: Traffic law, Anti-Drug & Smuggling
- Enforcement and Criminal code enforcement.
- To protect our community today, for the seven generations of tomorrow
- To provide leadership and role models for our youth.
- To work as part of a team.