The AMPS offer excellent career opportunities for individuals seeking professional and personal satisfaction in their work. Programs and services offered through AMPS are:
- General Uniform Patrol
- Community Policing
- Joint Investigation Team (JIT)
- Criminal Investigations
- Emergency Dispatch Services
- Emergency Response Team (ERT)
- Traffic Law Enforcement
- Marine Patrol Services
- Anti-Drug Enforcement
- Anti-Smuggling Enforcement
Salary & Benefits
The AMPS officers earn very competitive wages and receive excellent pension and benefit plans.
From the date of hire to the end of Basic Constable Training Program, a new recruit is paid as a Cadet (constable in training).
Following successful completion of the Basic Constable Training Program, new members are sworn in as Police Constables and are paid at the 4th Class Constable rate.
Annual advancements to 1st Class Constable occur if performance standards are met.
Salaries Effective April 2014:
- Rank Salary
- Cadet $43,160.00
- 4th Class Constable $59,547.87
- 3rd Class Constable $67,501.57
- 2nd Class Constable $75,097.65
- 1st class Constable $84,374.75
- Sergeant $99,735.16
As a full time employee of the AMPS you will be entitled to the following Compensation and Benefits:
- Pension Plan
- Group Health Insurance
- Fitness subsidy Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Computer Purchase Plan
- Paid vacation
- 14 days of Stat & Designated Holidays