The Akwesasne Mohawk Police (AMPS) service strives to hire the finest members for every position. Candidates must be well qualified, enthusiastic, interested and committed to a career in law enforcement. To be considered for a career in policing, you must meet certain minimum requirements as outlined:
- be at least 19 years of age or over and able to produce an official birth certificate or proof of age
- Grade 12 graduate (able to produce proof of successful completion of high school or equivalency test for grade 12 in a recognized education institution).
- Be of good moral character, with no criminal record; Canadian or American.
- Be in good physical condition and be able to pass physical tests which are required in the recruiting process.
- Certified by a Physician to be in good health, mentally and physically fit for duty as a member of the Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service.
- Possess a valid drivers license with adequate driving record.
- Be able to pass a security clearance as well as background investigation and reference checks.
- Possess a Canadian Social Insurance number.
- Applicant must be able to successfully complete and successfully pass the Police Training which is required in the recruiting process.
- Applicant must be willing to work shift work.